Executive Doctor of Business AdministrationDual Doctoral Degree from France and Switzerland
An Executive Doctor of Business Administration or EDBA degree is a terminal business-focused degree that provides practical knowledge that can be directly applied in the workplace. EDBA programs focus on providing students with real-world, business-oriented critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Earning a doctorate in business administration will equip you with working knowledge based on the latest business research, theories, and trends. This education not only identifies you as an expert in your field, but results in a tangible set of management and decision-making skills that may qualify you for senior-level leadership positions and new career opportunities. It also prepares you with advanced skills that are necessary for conducting real-world quantitative and qualitative research and publishing in research publications.
The Executive DBA of SIMI is a dual degree program. After finish, the learner could earn the Executive DBA of Horizons University and the Doctor of Management from SIMI Switzerland.
Students graduating from the EDBA will be able to:
- Use self-assessment, reflection, evaluation, feedback, and developments in theory and evidence-based practice to improve their ethical business practice in a variety of contexts
- Apply a deep understanding of relevant theory and practices to predict outcomes and create business solutions in a complex environment
- Communicate key issues effectively and creatively using numerical, graphical, oral and written skills
- Conduct ethical research on business topics, based on critical analysis of academic research and professional practice, and communicate findings
- Demonstrate proficiency in applying systematic, vigorous research methodologies, design and process when undertaking original research via the thesis requirement as part of the fulfillment to gain the doctorate award
The EDBA has a total of 120 ECTS credits and comprises of 5 taught modules at 10 ECTS credits each and a Thesis at 70 ECTS credits as follows:
- Managing Strategy 10 ECTS
- Finance for Managers 10 ECTS
- Managing Human Resource 10 ECTS
- Marketing Management 10 ECTS
- Managing Projects 10 ECTS
- Thesis * 70 ECTS. The Thesis is between 20,000 to 30,000 words and has a mandatory viva to defend it
Duration and delivery
The EDBA is designed to allocate two academic years to full-time learning, but it is also versatility delivery to accommodate part-time and distance learning/ hybrid learning.
The program is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by SIMI approved centers only.
Assessment and verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the center and externally verified by SIMI. The qualifications are criterion-referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. A judgment that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgment of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
For entry onto the Executive DBA, learners must possess:
- A Master’s degree qualification in any subject from a recognized institution; or
- Professional qualification equivalent to a Master degree; and
- English language proficiency in order to participate in the program taught in English.
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a predominantly English speaking country, proof of English language proficiency must be provided.
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2 or equivalent
- IELTS 5.5; Reading and Writing must be at 5.5 or equivalent
The Executive DBA is the Dual Doctoral Degree program. Each of the Qualification bodies is recognized and accredited. This will help the learners more opportunities to get on practical knowledge and also have more chances for labor markets.