MA in International EducationDual Master Degree from France and Switzerland
The rapidly changing education environment prompts the need for dynamic and well- informed educational leaders who are innovative and committed to the continual improvement of schools. Educational leaders need to have a deep and up-to-date understanding of current trends in curriculum, assessment, and instruction and a future-focused perspective.
The Master of Arts in International Education is a 150 credit program specifically designed for those in leadership roles and those aspiring for leadership positions in educational institutions. Focus is on theoretical understandings and practical skills that meet the needs of leaders in the complex educational landscape. It offers an opportunity for an in-depth examination of current thinking, theories, models, issues, and practices that contribute to the transformation of educational institutions. The program seeks to enhance the knowledge and expertise of participants and to develop the ability to reflect and relate theory to their professional practice.
After finishing, the students will receive the Master of Arts in International Education from Horizons University, France, and the Master in another major (involve in Education) from SIMI Swiss.
After finish the MA in International Education, the learner could:
- To enable the advanced study of educational leadership and management and the changing external context in which the education sectors
- Equip individuals for and/or development of a managerial-leadership career in the education sector by developing skills at a professional or equivalent level to assume senior managerial and leadership
- Development of the ability to apply knowledge and understanding of strategic planning, leadership and change management to both systematically, innovatively and creatively to improve education.
- Apply leadership and management principles towards being a transformative leader
- Develop the skills of critical reflection to improve his or her professional practice
- Motivate, coach and mentor staff in meeting the needs of the changing educational environment with limited resources
- Exhibit personal characteristics that contribute to change, innovation and the improvement of schools
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of current thinking in pedagogy, curriculum, assessment and technology.
The MA in International Education consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT), and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification. After finish the mandatory units, there is a thesis defense in front of the SIMI academic board.
- Educational Leadership & Management (20 credits)
- Instructional Leadership & Management (20 credits)
- Strategic Leadership & School Improvement (20 credits)
- Leading Digital Education (20 credits)
- Organisational Culture and Change (20 credits)
- Research in Educational Leadership & Management (20 credits)
- Thesis (30 credits)
Duration and delivery
The MA in International Education is designed to allocate one academic year to full-time learning, but it is also versatility delivery to accommodate part-time and distance learning/ hybrid learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by SIMI approved centers only.
Assessment and verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the center and externally verified by SIMI. The qualifications are criterion-referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. A judgment that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgment of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
For entry onto the MA in International Education, learners must possess:
- An honors degree in a related subject or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification
- Mature learners with management experience (learners must check with the delivery center)
- Learners must be 21 years old or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a predominantly English speaking country, proof of English language proficiency must be provided.
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2 or equivalent
- IELTS 5.5; Reading and Writing must be at 5.5 or equivalent
The Master in Arts in International Education is a triple degree program. Each qualification is fully accredited and recognized. This will help the learners more opportunities to get on practical knowledge and also have more chances for labor markets.