Doctor of EducationDual Doctoral Degree from France and Switzerland
The rapidly changing education environment prompts the need for dynamic and well- informed educational leaders who are innovative and committed to the continual improvement of schools. Educational leaders need to have a deep and up-to-date understanding of current trends in curriculum, assessment, and instruction and a future-focused perspective.
The EdD is practitioner-oriented and designed to be of functional significance to the practice of education management. This holistic program aligns applied scholarly research with professional practices and provides the opportunity to theoretically learn and reflect on activities and practices to be applied in a professional context.
The Doctor of Education degree is intended to allow learners the opportunity to embark on careers as applied researchers, consultants and in senior management roles.
The Doctor of Education (“EdD”) is a 120 ECTS credits (240 EU credits) program designed to lead to a doctoral award by Horizons University and SIMI Swiss
After finish the MA in International Education, the learner could:
- Ability to advocate for all stakeholders, utilizing the knowledge and tools necessary, to create and sustain vibrant educational environments
- Knowledge and skills to apply organizational theory, management skills, leadership strategies, and data to transform organizations
- Ability to select, interpret, and apply theory and research to address a variety of compelling problems in education
- Ability to plan and conduct research and evaluation studies with a clear purpose to improve the educational lives of others, and based on findings make recommendations to improve future educational practices
The EdD has a total of 120 ECTS credits and comprises of 5 taught modules at 10 ECTS credits each and a Thesis at 70 ECTS credits as follows:
- Understanding Learning and Learners
- Creating A Conducive Learning Environment
- Managing and Leading Digital Education
- Leadership and Organisation Transformation
- Education Research and Methodology
- The Thesis is between 20,000 to 30,000 words and has a mandatory viva to defend it
Duration and delivery
The EdD is designed to allocate two academic years to full-time learning, but it is also versatility delivery to accommodate part-time and distance learning/ hybrid learning.
The program is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by SIMI approved centers only.
Assessment and verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the center and externally verified by SIMI. The qualifications are criterion-referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. A judgment that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgment of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
For entry onto the MA in International Education, learners must possess:
- A Master’s degree qualification in any subject from a recognized institution; or
- Professional qualification equivalent to a Master degree; and
- English language proficiency in order to participate in the program taught in English.
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a predominantly English speaking country, proof of English language proficiency must be provided.
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2 or equivalent
- IELTS 5.5; Reading and Writing must be at 5.5 or equivalent
The EDD is a dual degree program. Each qualification is fully accredited and recognized. This will help the learners more opportunities to get on practical knowledge and also have more chances for labor markets.