The Dual Degree Master of Arts in Hospitality and Tourism Management2 Master degrees from UK and Switzerland
Switzerland is consistently rated as a country with an excellent education, and Hospitality and Banking industries are always ranked as the world’s leading industries in this nation.
The Dual Degree Master of Arts in Hospitality and Tourism Management programme, a collaboration between the national UK level training OTHM and the Swiss Institute of Management and Innovation (SIMI). The programme focuses on the hospitality, tourism, and service industries’ specialised management for learners to immediately apply their learned knowledge into the working environment or develop to become a lecturer.
Upon graduation, fellows will contemporaneously receive 2 Master degrees:
- The Master Degree belongs to the UK National Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF): OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Master of Arts in Hospitality and Tourism Management from SIMI Switzerland.
Graduating from the Dual Degree Master of Arts in Hospitality and Tourism Management programme, the learner could:
- Understand and apply strategic and marketing management capabilities to the hospitality and tourism industry within their organisation. The programme provides extensive knowledge of management activities in the industry and applies technology to improve efficiency.
- Develop self-study capacity, analytical mindset to adapt to the hospitality and tourism industries’ continuous changes.
- Understand international policies and regulations of the hotel and restaurant industry and world tourism, transform the application of industry regulations, cultures and practices into your own working environment.
- Understand the skills of in-depth research on the hotel, restaurant and service industry. It is an imperative part of the program and is a skill that enables managers to identify problems, conduct analytical research, make improvement decisions with the real problems that occur within the organisation.
The Dual Degree Master of Arts in Hospitality and Tourism Management programme from SIMI Swiss consists of 8 mandatory modules for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Self-directed Study hours for the completed qualification. After completing the first stage, learners enter the second stage with a Dissertation/ Casptone Projects/ Work-based Project. A Dissertation/ Casptone Projects/ Work-based Project can be a research or a specialised development project (the projetc’s speciality determines the graduate major). Graduation Dissertation/ Capstone Projects/ Work-based Project gaining 60 credits, 600 hours of research and 300 hours of documentary research.
- Strategic Management and Marketing (20 credits)
- Destination Management (20 credits).
- International Tourism Policy and Development (20 credits)
- E-Tourism and Social Media (20 credits)
- Advanced Research Methods (20 credits)
- Organizational Behaviour in International Contexts (20 credits)
After each module, learners will take an ending exam. The end-of-module exams are application-oriented essays to help learners review knowledge, apply knowledge in the workplace, and improve the practical environment.
Dissertation/ Capstone Projects/ Work-based Project (60 credits)
- Dissertation/ Capstone Projects/ Work-based Project
- Defend Dissertation/ Capstone Projects/ Work-based Project
Dissertation/ Capstone Projects/ Work-based Project
Dissertation/ Capstone Projects/ Work-based Project will be associated with solutions in the workplace. It can be a plan, project or an operational improvement solution in the hotel, restaurant, or tourism industry that you are managing or working… A project written in 7,000 – 8,000 words.
To enroll the Dual Degree Master of Arts in Hospitality and Tourism Management, the learner must possess:
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or achieved a Level 6 Diploma according to the European Qualifications
- For a degree from non-recognized universities; The learner should have followed the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) policy of SIMI.
- Learners must be over 21 years old.
SIMI reserves the highest decision-making power for admission whether to accept or not accept after a specific review of each candidate’s profile to ensure that they can comprehend and gain benefits when participating.
For the fake university or the diploma mills, SIMI shall not be accepted.
If a learner is not from a predominantly English-speaking country, proof of English language proficiency must be provided.
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2 or equivalent
- Or A minimum TOEFL score of 101 or IELTS 6.5; Reading and Writing must be at 6.5 or equivalent
SIMI Switzerland has been accredited the “premier institution” status by the ASIC, and the programme is also accredited by Ofqual’s UK.
The programmes are strictly accredited by prestigious organisations; then, the graduated learner confidence participates in the labour market or/and easy learning connected to prestigious and equivalent educational systems
Upon completing the Dual Degree Master of Arts in Tourism and Hospitality Management programme, the learner will receive 2 Master degree:
- Master Degree according to UK National Qualifications Framework: OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management.
- Master Degree from SIMI Swiss: Master of Arts in Tourism and Hospitality Management
OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management
OTHM Level 7 Diploma Tourism and Hospitality Management is a qualification in the UK Regulated Qualifications Framework, recognised not only by the UK government but also globally.
OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management:
- Level 7 according to the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and Europe Qualifications Framework (EQF)
- Sufficient training duration for Master qualification: 120 Credits
|Ofqual inspection code||603/2316/4|
|Level UK Qualifications Framework||RQF|
|Minimum training time||1 Year|
|Total credits||120 Credits|
|Total Qualification Time||1200 Hours|
|Guided Learning Hours||480 Hours|
|Training Unit||Accredited and licensed by the Level UK|
|Examination unit||Level UK|
|Licensing Unit||OTHM UK|
Equivalence recognition of UK Level 7 Diploma with qualifications systems and levels of other education systems in the world:
|Level||Regulation framework||Equivalent Degrees|
|7||Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF)||level 7 diploma
level 7 NVQ
|11||Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF)||Masters Degrees
Post Graduate Diploma
|Master Degree||Framework for Higher Education Qualifications (FHEQ)||integrated Master's Degree, for example, Master of Engineering (MEng)
Master's Degree, for example, Master of Arts (MA), Master of Science (MSc)
|7||European Qualifications Framework (EQF)||Masters Degrees
Post Graduate Diploma
|9||Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)||Masters Degrees|
|9||African Continental Qualification Framework (ACQF)||Masters Degrees
Post Graduate Diploma
|7||ASEAN Qualifications Reference Framework (AQRF)||Masters Degrees
Post Graduate Diploma
Dual Degree Master of Arts in Tourism and Hospitality Management from SIMI Swiss
In addition to the UK Level 7 Diploma, after graduating from the programme, learners also receive a Master of Arts in Tourism and Hospitality Management from SIMI Swiss with full accreditation at the organisation and programme level.
After completing the Dual Degree Master of Arts in Tourism and Hospitality Management programme, learners can continue to study to Level 8 (Doctor) or transfer to other education systems. The following table shows the development pathways after completing the programme:
|Level||Qualification framework||Equivalent Degrees|
|8||Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF)||Level 8 diploma|
|12||Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF)||Doctoral Degrees
Professional Development Awards
|Doctoral Degree||Framework for Higher Education Qualifications (FHEQ)||Doctorate, for example, doctor of philosophy (PhD or DPhil)|
|8||European Qualifications Framework (EQF)||Doctorate, for example, doctor of philosophy (PhD or DPhil)
Level 8 Diploma
|10||Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)||Doctoral Degree|
|10||African Continental Qualification Framework (ACQF)||Doctoral Degree|
|8||ASEAN Qualifications Reference Framework (AQRF)||Doctoral Degree
Level 8 Diploma