The Dual Degree Master of Arts in Luxury Management & Marketing2 Master degrees from UK and Switzerland
The Dual Degree Master of Arts in Luxury Management & Marketing programme is built on the foundation of the Swiss luxury service industry and the UK high-end goods industry. The programme is coordinated with the UK National Qualifications Framework (Level 7 – Master) and SIMI Switzerland. SIMI is the first institute in Switzerland to implement this combined program.
According to Boston Consulting Group Insights, the luxury goods industry accounts for $ 1.3 million billion, which is equivalent to the GDP of Australia.
High-end and luxury goods management is an industry with extremely strong growth, especially in Asia, where fashion, high-end and luxury brands hold the most global market share. Graduates of this unique programme have the opportunity to participate in management in a fast-growing, luxurious, classy field with a particularly attractive remuneration (for a manager), as well as to have the opportunity to launch a business in the fields of fashion, high-end hotels and restaurants, luxury goods and other areas of high-class elements.
The programme is exclusively designed with 100% of lecturers from Europe, working and managing specialised in fashion, luxury goods, 5-star hotels, and other fields with different caste factors
The distinctions in accreditation and recognition:
The Master of Arts in Luxury Management & Marketing is a dual degree programme, a collaboration between the national UK level training OTHM and the Swiss Institute of Management and Innovation (SIMI). Both organisations have achieved accreditations and recognition for the institution and programmatic.
- SIMI is fully accredited by ASIC (Accreditation Service for International Schools, University and Colleges) at the highest Premier Institute level. The Master of Arts in Luxury Management & Marketing programme is accredited by OTHM, a Level awarding organisation that is accredited by Ofqual.
- OTHM is the UK’s Level Awarding Organisation, accredited and recognized by Ofqual UK.
The distinctions in learning method
The learner can provide flexible learning opportunities with various learning method:
- Full time
- Hybrid learning (Live class + the local tutor support in local workshop)
The distinctions in the student affairs system:
- The Learning Management System
- Institution Management System
- Original E-book in each module
- Internship support system (for full-time)
The distinctions in Degree: 2 independent Masters degrees:
- Master Degree according to UK National Qualifications Framework: OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Marketing.
- Master Degree from SIMI: Master of Arts in Luxury Management
The Dual Degree Master of Arts in Luxury Management & Marketing programme consists of 6 mandatory modules and a Master Dissertation/ Capstone Projects/ Work-based Project for a combined total of 160 credits, lasting a minimum of 1.5 years.
- Contemporary Issues and Principles of Marketing for Luxury items (20 credits)
- Consumer Behaviour and Market Communications for Luxury brands (20 credits)
- Digital and Social Media Marketing for Luxury brands (20 credits)
- Contemporary Challenges and Strategic Marketing for Luxury products and services (20 credits)
- Strategic Luxury Brand Management (20 credits)
- Marketing Research Project for Luxury Products and Services (20 credits)
After each module, learners will take an ending exam. The end-of-module exams are application-oriented essays to help learners review knowledge, apply knowledge in the workplace, and improve the practical environment.
Dissertation/ Capstone Projects/ Work-based Project (60 credits)
- Dissertation/ Capstone Projects/ Work-based Project
- Defend Dissertation/ Capstone Projects/ Work-based Project
Dissertation/ Capstone Projects/ Work-based Project
Dissertation/ Capstone Projects/ Work-based Project will be associated with solutions in the workplace. It can be a business plan or a management improvement project written in 7,000 – 8,000 words.
To enroll the Dual degree Master of Arts in Luxury Management & Marketing, the learner must possess:
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or achieved a Level 6 Diploma according to the European Qualifications
- For a degree from non-recognized universities; The student should have followed the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) policy of SIMI.
- Learners must be over 21 years old.
SIMI reserves the highest decision-making power for admission whether to accept or not accept after a specific review of each candidate’s profile to ensure that they can comprehend and gain benefits when participating.
For the fake university or the diploma mills, SIMI shall not be accepted.
If a learner is not from a predominantly English-speaking country, proof of English language proficiency must be provided.
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2 or equivalent
- Or A minimum TOEFL score of 101 or IELTS 6.5; Reading and Writing must be at 6.5 or equivalent
SIMI Switzerland has been accredited the “premier institution” status by the ASIC, and the programme is also accredited by Ofqual’s UK.
The programmes are strictly accredited by prestigious organisations; then, the graduated student confidence participates in the labour market or/and easy learning connected to prestigious and equivalent educational systems.
Upon completing the Dual degree Master of Arts in Luxury Management & Marketing programme, the learner will receive 2 Master degree:
- Master Degree according to UK National Qualifications Framework: OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Marketing
- Master Degree from SIMI Swiss: Master of Arts in Luxury Management
OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Marketing
OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Marketing is a qualification in the UK Regulated Qualifications Framework, recognised not only by the UK government but also globally.
OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Marketing:
- Level 7 according to the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and Europe Qualifications Framework (EQF)
- Sufficient training duration for Master qualification: 120 Credits
Equivalence recognition of UK Level 7 Diploma with qualifications systems and levels of other education systems in the world:
|Level||Regulation framework||Equivalent Degrees|
|7||Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF)||level 7 diploma
level 7 NVQ
|11||Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF)||Masters Degrees
Post Graduate Diploma
|Master Degree||Framework for Higher Education Qualifications (FHEQ)||integrated Master's Degree, for example, Master of Engineering (MEng)
Master's Degree, for example, Master of Arts (MA), Master of Science (MSc)
|7||European Qualifications Framework (EQF)||Masters Degrees
Post Graduate Diploma
|9||Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)||Masters Degrees|
|9||African Continental Qualification Framework (ACQF)||Masters Degrees
Post Graduate Diploma
|7||ASEAN Qualifications Reference Framework (AQRF)||Masters Degrees
Post Graduate Diploma
Master of Arts in Luxury Management Degree
In addition to the UK Level 7 Diploma, after graduating from the programme, learners also receive a Master of Arts in Luxury Management from SIMI Swiss with full accreditation at the organisation and programme level.
After completing the Dual Degree Master of Arts in Luxury Management & Marketing programme, learners can continue to study to Level 8 (Doctor) or transfer to other education systems. The following table shows the development pathways after completing the programme:
|Level||Qualification framework||Equivalent Degrees|
|8||Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF)||Level 8 diploma|
|12||Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF)||Doctoral Degrees
Professional Development Awards
|Doctoral Degree||Framework for Higher Education Qualifications (FHEQ)||Doctorate, for example, doctor of philosophy (PhD or DPhil)|
|8||European Qualifications Framework (EQF)||Doctorate, for example, doctor of philosophy (PhD or DPhil)
Level 8 Diploma
|10||Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)||Doctoral Degree|
|10||African Continental Qualification Framework (ACQF)||Doctoral Degree|
|8||ASEAN Qualifications Reference Framework (AQRF)||Doctoral Degree
Level 8 Diploma