Doctor of Philosophy in Education Management and Innovation Pedagogy Dual Qualifications (By Research)2 Doctor's qualifications from Switzerland and Croatia
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Education Management and Innovation Pedagogy is the highest academic qualification in the educational and pedagogical science system, and this program is particularly complete as it combines the capabilities of the highest Doctor of Education (EdD) program in practical education and the capabilities of the PhD in Education program.
The program adopts a research approach from the beginning (By Research). Doctoral candidates are trained and guided to focus on research skills applied in the field of education and educational management in two stages: (1) the learning stage of research subjects to orient research and understand scientific research methods in education, and (2) the research and thesis formation stage of the doctoral in Education under the guidance of faculty.
Through the process of study and research, students not only acquire applied research competency (a mandatory competency at the Doctoral level) but also develop profound and in-depth knowledge within every facet of business operations. This forms the foundation for conducting in-depth research and teaching within their passionate fields and industries.
The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Education Management and Innovation Pedagogy Dual Qualifications (By Research) program focuses on deeply applied and academic research within the field of education, addressing the interests of doctoral candidates. Alongside their doctoral dissertation, doctoral candidates are also guided to publish international articles in ISI/SCOPUS journals systems.
Upon graduation, students will receive:
- Doctor of Education from VERN’ University.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education Management and Innovation Pedagogy from SIMI Swiss.
Dual Qualifications Program:
The program is a collaborative effort between SIMI Swiss and one of Croatia’s premier universities, VERN’ University, providing the opportunity to earn two distinct and independent qualifications. Both SIMI Swiss and VERN’ University boast notable accreditations, underscoring a high standard of education and ensuring recognition for graduates with a doctorate.
The PhD in Education Management and Innovation Pedagogy Dual Qualifications (By Research) program offers joint recognition and qualifications, consolidating your professional skills in various aspects of business management:
- Doctor of Education from VERN’ University, which validates your management skills and leadership acumen.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education Management and Innovation Pedagogy from SIMI Swiss to enhance your specialized management skills within the industry.
SIMI Swiss and VERN’ University are all organizations that have achieved reputation recognition and accreditation from the Programmatic to the Institutional levels.
Guidelines of how to check the accreditation of SIMI Swiss:
Guidelines of how to check the accreditation of VERN’ University:
SIMI programs offer a Fully Online or Hybrid learning model (conditionally applied), allowing students to study with original programs from Switzerland and partner countries. This enables students to achieve qualifications equivalent to those of full-time international students without the need to live in or attend on-site activities. The Broadcast classes with SIMI’s Lecturers on scheduled days are perfect for those with busy work lives or limited time during the week.
The following video will provide learners with a direct and comprehensive overview of enrolling in online classes at SIMI Swiss.
We understand that pursuing a postgraduate accredited program can be both exciting and challenging, especially for busy adult learners. To assist in overcoming challenges, we’ve developed the SIMI Swiss Supporting Systems, designed to help navigate any difficulties during learners studies.
For a comprehensive overview of our support, please watch our informative videos for assistance at every step of your academic journey.
Effective SIMI Pedagogy:
At SIMI, we pay special attention to the effectiveness of our programs. As for our exclusive teaching method specifically designed for busy learners, we strongly believe that this method will allow learners to seamlessly integrate foundational theory and professional knowledge into the context of real life and career.
The following video will help you understand this method more deeply.
The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Education Management and Innovation Pedagogy Dual Qualifications (By Research) program consists mandatory modules and a PhD Dissertation, totaling 300 UK credits, lasting a minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 5 years. In addition to completing the PhD Dissertation, doctoral candidates receive guidance in publishing international papers in journal systems affiliated with ISI/SCOPUS.
- Course: Developing Research Capability (60 UK credits)
- Activity: Present Research Proposal in the Colloquium
- Course: Advanced Research Design and Methodologies (60 UK credits)
PhD Dissertation Stage (120 UK credits):
- Activity: Working with Research Supervisor for Dissertation
- Activity: Present the research result in Colloquium
- Activity: Defend the Dissertation
Graduating from the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Education Management and Innovation Pedagogy Dual Qualifications (By Research) program, the learner could:
1. Develop research aligned with the context of the Education, Educational Management, Pedagogy, and innovative teaching and learning methods.
- Assess the importance, practicality, and research feasibility of the Management and Administration research topic.
- Develop and adjust the research purpose to align with the direction and research objectives and within the time constraints.
- Analyze and evaluate various research options, making appropriate choices.
2. Possess the ability to gather, organize, and select relevant theoretical foundations for doctoral research.
- Compile theoretical foundations related to research topics in education, educational management, pedagogy, and pedagogical innovation activities.
- Categorize and form a theoretical structure to serve the research topics in the scientific field of educational management and specialized pedagogical groups.
3. The ability to design comprehensive research.
- Review precedent studies and select relevant research to support the intended research.
- Design research in line with research objectives, research questions, and the research timeframe.
- Adjust the chosen research methods considering research ethics and feasibility.
4. The capability to formulate a research proposal and the completed research.
- Formulate research questions and review theoretical foundations and research models.
- Construct research following international standards by developing a complete Ph.D. thesis in the field of education and pedagogy.
- Present research to the scientific council.
- Possess the ability to defend and persuade.
5. The capability to publish internationally.
- Format international journal articles according to the policies and requirements of the journal.
- Write a peer-review to review and refine research results.
- Defense or engage in discussions regarding the scientific nature of international publications when required.
- Ability to condense knowledge from comprehensive research into the format of an international journal article.
- Ability to connect with scientists to increase references after publication.
In addition to the entry requirements, candidates applying to the program are also assessed for their suitability by the admissions committee before joining the program to ensure that they can acquire and benefit from the program.
To enroll the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Education Management and Innovation Pedagogy Dual Qualifications (By Research) program , the learner must possess one of the criteria below:
- Learners must be over 24 years old;
- A Master’s qualification in Majors from accredited universities; or
- A Level 7 EQF diploma or equivalent. Level 7 Diploma must be from organizations that are authorized to issue qualifications and have been accredited.
If a learner is not from a predominantly English-speaking country, proof of English language proficiency must be provided.
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2 or equivalent;
- Or A minimum TOEFL score of 101 or IELTS 6.5; Reading and Writing must be at 6.5 or equivalent.
Please note: SIMI reserves the right to make admissions decisions based on the requirements of recognized agencies and the global quotas of the program.
Seminar and Networking Abroad:
As part of the Doctoral program, emphasis is placed not only on acquiring knowledge but also on expanding relationships and staying abreast of the latest developments from scientists. This is not only considered a crucial requirement but also a mandatory aspect of the SIMI Swiss Doctoral program.
SIMI Swiss collaborates with partner universities to organize seminars, which are mandatory for students to attend. The program does not award credits but evaluates participants based on must-have activities.
Upon completion of the seminar abroad, students are engaged in Networking activities to establish connections within the academic and professional community.
SIMI Swiss collaborates with the National University of Malaysia (UKM) – UNESCO Chair in the organization of training and scientific research:
SIMI Swiss collaborates with the Malaysia University of Science and Technology (MUST) in the organization of seminars and networking activities:
Because the programs and qualifications offered are rigorously accredited by reputable organizations, upon graduation, students have the confidence to enter the job market, pursue further studies, and smoothly transition to other prestigious and equivalently reputable educational systems.
SIMI SWISS is the pioneering higher education institution with accreditation at both the programmatic and institutional levels:
- Accredited by the Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges and Universities (ASIC) at the highest level (Premier Institution);
- Accreditation of the management system compatible with the European Quality Assurance Framework for Vocational Education and Training (EQAVET) and Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area, awarded by the HEAD – Higher Education Accreditation Division;
- Programmatic accreditation by Ofqual UK.Gov Awarding Bodies (OTHM, CTH);
- Learning outcomes are mapped to the UK national occupational standards by the Senior Leader Bureau United Kingdom;
- A Federal Member of SVEB (Swiss Federation for Adult Learning);
- Recognized by the United Kingdom Regulated Qualification Framework.
|| See more information about the accreditation and recognition of SIMI Swiss HERE ||
Guidelines of how to check the accreditation of SIMI Swiss:
VERN’ University Croatia achieved:
- One of the top universities in Croatia (QUDAL);
- Government-recognized university by the Ministry of Education and Culture of Croatia;
- University accredited by the Croatian Agency for Science and Higher Education (ASHE Croatia);
- Programs aligned with European Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ESG);
- Internationally recognized university within the International Association of Universities (IAU) system;
- Member university recognized by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD);
- Recipient of the national education brand in Croatia (Superbrands Croatia);
- Recognized by the European Union under the Erasmus+ system.
|| See more information about the accreditation and recognition of VERN’ University – Croatia HERE ||
Guidelines of how to check the accreditation of VERN’ University:
Certifications & Apostilles in Switzerland:
Certifications & Apostilles is the process by which The Cantonal Chancellery certifies original public documents of the Canton of Zug (where SIMI Swiss is authorized and licensed), thus validating them for use abroad. The process solely verifies the authenticity of the diploma, confirming its origin from the Swiss Institute of Management and Innovation, and ensures the genuine signature of the chancellor/dean.
Below is an example of the Certification by Notary Public and confirm from Chancery of State:
Apostille and qualification confirmation of VERN’ University in Croatia:
Similar to SIMI Swiss, VERN’ University is also a legally recognized institution, so it can also legalize consular authentication on the qualification. Appraisal HERE.
Note: The information provided here is accurate as of the publication date, and the content may be subject to changes based on the regulations of each country without prior notice.